Castles & Capitals of Central Europe
Dive into the heart of Europe on this trip through some great regions of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia. Don’t let the unfamiliar place names put you off–this tour is full of culture, music, history and more delicious food than you can imagine!
Read on for highlights.
Dates: May 21 to June 7, 2018
Price: $4,199 per person, double occupancy
Download the Central Europe 2018 flyer
- Warsaw (3 nights) – city tour including the Old Town and Castle Square, free day (maybe take a cooking class or go on a vodka-tasting tour?), and more.
- Krakow (3 nights) – city tour including the Old Town and Wawel Royal Castle, Auschwitz, Wieliczka Salt Mine (20 underground chambers, including a lake and a chapel!), and more.
- Stary Smokovec (1 night) – scenic ride on the Dunajec river on a traditional wooden raft, drive through the High Tatras, visit the stunning Wooden Articular Church, dinner at a traditional kolibra (country restaurant), and more.
- Tarcal (1 night) – walking tour of charming Kosice, Slovakia, and an amazing wine-tasting dinner in the famous Tokaj wine region of Hungary.
- Budapest (3 nights) – vineyard visit to learn about local wines with some wine tasting and snacks, tour of the Royal Palace of Empress Sisi (a big hit on this year’s trip!), city tour of Budapest, free day, and more.
- Bratislava (2 nights) – drive through the Danube Bend and stop in the artists’ colony of Sztendenre and historical Esztergom before heading to Bratislava, free time to explore Bratislava, relaxing boat ride to see Devin Castle, etc.
- Cesky Krumlov (1 night) – drive to Brno for a walking tour of the city, and then head to the picturesque Cesky Krumlov for an overnight stay with a walking tour the next morning.
- Prague (3 nights) – brewery tour of the original Budvar beer (they swear it’s significantly better than our Budweiser), full day of city sightseeing in Prague, free day to explore on your own, and more. Ben and I had a great time in this enchanting city this year, and we can’t wait to go back!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org