I'm always pleasantly surprised when travel industry surveys mention destinations as "up and coming" when we've been going there for ages. For example, a recent survey from Travel Leaders lists Croatia as the top destination for Europe in 2012 and Vietnam as the top destination for Asia. We've been taking clients to these great destinations for years, so we hope you'll join us on one of our small-group tours to these lovely countries. The food, the people, the scenery--both countries are a feast for your senses!
Other trends and hot destinations that are shaping up for 2012:
- River cruising (this is a great way to travel through the heartland of a country without having to unpack!)
- London (the Queen's Diamond Jubilee is in June and the Olympics start in July, so London will be the place to be this summer)
- Literary tourism (everything from the Harry Potter theme park in Florida to the dark and snow-filled streets of Steig Larsson's Stockholm)
- Cuba (while the State Department guidelines are still strict, it's probably just a matter of time before Americans can get there more easily)
- Myanmar (since Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's visit and Aung San Suu Kyi's call for responsible tourism, this remote country is attracting the interest of travelers)
We hope you'll join us on one of our small-group trips this year. And wherever your plans may take you, we wish you a healthy, happy, and travel-filled 2012.